Enterprise, Western Gas to own new fractionation trains at Mont Belvieu

June 12, 2013 By    

Enterprise Products Partners has formed a joint venture with Western Gas Partners to own natural gas liquid (NGL) fractionation trains 7 and 8, which are under construction at Enterprise’s complex in Mont Belvieu, Texas.

Western Gas, an Anadarko Petroleum Corp. company, has acquired a 25 percent minority ownership interest in the joint venture, and Enterprise retains the remaining 75 percent ownership interest. Trains 7 and 8 have a design capacity to fractionate about 170,000 barrels per day of NGLs, including propane. These trains are expected to begin commercial operations in the fourth quarter of 2013.

This marks the third midstream energy infrastructure project on which Enterprise and an Anadarko company have partnered, Enterprise CEO Michael Creel says.

Kevin Yanik

About the Author:

Kevin Yanik is the senior editor of LP Gas Magazine. Contact him at kyanik@northcoastmedia.net or 216-706-3724.

Comments are currently closed.

Privacy Preference Center

Close your account?

Your account will be closed and all data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?